Well, I already wrote a blog post too on what responsive themes are, but I'm now considering writing another one now that I fully understand the importance of it.
Here are a few things that I did:
- Matched the fonts from my previous non-responsive theme (because they were great).
- Changed the fonts on the landing page and top of page
- Edited images
- Got rid of a button at the bottom of the page by removing some of the code--very cool moment by the way. I will learn to code. This is one goal of mine.
There is also a footer at the bottom of the page for Weebly, which I don't plan on getting a subscription right now to remove. I've already invested in both a domain name and a Google Apps email address, which I feel were worth every penny, but a yearly subscription, not yet. It doesn't look so great, but as I continue to grow, it is an investment that I'll definitely make. For now, I've decided to let it wait. I don't think I can play around with the CSS/HTML for that one. One step at a time--I'm just glad that my site is now responsive, meaning that it shows up on different platforms like a smartphone too, and not just PC.
I really do enjoy the handwritten font element, along with the cursive that looks like it is dancing, as if the words are dancing on the computer screen, as if the phrase itself is turning. I really like turns, but need more confidence with my pirouettes I'm told--I'm working on it. Well, anyway, it's that time. This was just a post on the new theme I recreated this evening. Now I will continue with looking for people to work with and will feel confident knowing that whatever platform they use, my site will show up properly.
Overall, I'm pleased with the overall outcome. It didn't take too long, and now I am really proud of this website. Well, that's it for now. Talk to you later.
Obinna E. Morton