It stands for business-to-business and is a business model where businesses exchange goods with each other.
- A payroll service whose client is a corporation
- A printing company that stocks entire companies with its printers.
- A cloud storage company whose clients include businesses that store files through this service.
It stands for business-to-consumer and is a business model where businesses sell to consumers.
- An individual buys a bestselling novel from the book store, or the e-book version online.
- A person dines at a restaurant listed in a popular restaurant guide.
- Someone buys his or her favorite box of cereal from the grocery store.
Sometimes a company might sell both to businesses and to consumers. A major coffee chain, for example, might sell coffee to people, but also, as a corporation, sells coffee to other companies to have for employees.
There are also other business models, C2B and C2C, but I am going to save these two for another day.
Links to Sources: