THINGS TO CELEBRATE, THINGS TO WORK ON, LES DEUX
- Lots of new people want to work with me. I’ve worked on a new newsletter project and recently wrote my first official press release (for a fellow entrepreneur) and sent it out to media outlets. I also have people that I’ve been working with since last summer. This is a great thing.
- I’ve started taking the leap and putting myself out there. I’ve attended a number of networking events and stood up and talked about what I’m doing. I get so nervous, and my voice starts to shake sometimes when I do this, but I have to do it to get to the next step.
- A temp agency contacted me through my LinkedIn profile, go figure. I had an interview with them a few weeks ago for temporary and freelance projects.
Plan of Action: Go back through my email list and follow up with everyone who expressed interest but hasn’t gotten back to me yet. Write out everyone that is currently working with you, and send a “thank you” out to the universe for them wanting to work with me.
- Nailing down the voice of one particular project
Plan of Action:
- Review the website until I can speak the language of this company.
- Look at websites from those in the same field. Look at the delivery and check for common threads in all of the writing.
- Reread past similar projects.
This is a challenge, but I'm going to go after it with the right preparation to do this again. I really hope it works.